Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth of July with Homemade Peach Ice Cream!



Unfortunately, it's a rainy Fourth for us, but what better way to add sunshine to the day than with homemade peach ice cream?  I found a delicious looking picture on Pinterest of an ice cream base and decided to give it a try.  I had already bought some peaches for the Fourth so I decided to use them in the ice cream.  Homemade Peach Ice Cream is a favorite of our family. 


The base I found through Pinterest is on the Style Me Pretty Blog and you can find it here. It says its the "Best Ever Homemade Ice Cream Base" and I have to agree. This is not an ice cream for those counting calories, but it is Ice Cream and the Fourth of July. Here's what mine looked like after mixing it up.


I peeled and chopped up about 6 very ripe peaches, added one teaspoon of lemon and 2 tablespoons of sugar to the peaches.  I mixed them into the base to get ready for freezing.




I use a one quart ice cream freezer that uses a frozen canister.  I just leave this canister in the freezer all during the summer so it's ready to go when I want to make ice cream.  It really needs to stay in the freezer at least 24 hours before use.  Note:  don't try to wipe out the metal part of the canister with a paper towel like I did. It sticks and is hard to remove without defrosting--remember what happens when you put your tongue on the frozen flag pole? 

My ice cream freezer decides when it is done all by itself, and unfortunately it is not when the ice cream is done. 




A little soupy for my taste, so I placed it in the freezer for a few hours, taking it out about every hour and stirring it.  Here's the final result.



Not as pretty as the one shown on Pinterest, but it is very good. I hope you enjoy your holiday as much as I'll enjoy eating this ice cream!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click on "No Comments" to leave your comment.